Why? The 8th house is ALL about the deeper things in life – as well as death. While Saturn brings its usual – fear, blockages, difficulties, and practical efforts.
In this blog post, I will explore the meaning of this astrological configuration from two perspectives: having Saturn in the 8th house in the natal chart and experiencing Saturn transiting the 8th house.
Why trust me? I’m a certified astrologer from Astrolada.com, certified coach from Inner-Throne.com, and certified Compassion Key practicioner from Compassionkey.com. With over 10 years experience in astrology, self-development world, and working with people.— The Freedom Astrologer
Table of Contents
Explanation of Saturn in the 8th house vs Saturn in Scorpio
Throughout the post, You will see I mention “Saturn in the 8th house” instead of “Saturn in Scorpio“. Why is that?
In essence, they are the same thing. Meaning, Saturn in the 8th house = Saturn in Scorpio. And Saturn in Scorpio = Saturn in the 8th house.
Saturn in the 8th House: A Natal Chart Perspective
The 8th house in astrology is associated with transformation, rebirth, and the deeper aspects of life, such as death, sex, and psychological issues. It is also connected to other people’s resources, such as inheritance, taxes, and shared finances.
When Saturn, the planet of restriction, boundaries, and responsibility, is placed in this house, it can indicate a person who may struggle with these deeper aspects of life but ultimately learns to master them through hard work and responsibility.
The core meaning of this position in the natal chart – is to master death (not be afraid of it), and esoteric matters, managing resources, and be ok with ups and downs in life.
Here are some key points to consider if you have Saturn in the 8th house in your natal chart
- You may have a fear of loss or betrayal and may have to work through intimacy issues in close relationships.
- The individual can have a strong sense of responsibility towards others and may feel a sense of duty to support and care for them.
- Especially emotionally.
- You may have a deep understanding of the darker aspects of human nature and may have a natural inclination towards psychology and the occult.
- At times this can show up as distancing Yourself or having a very critical outlook on esoteric matters. Basically thinking they are bullsh*t.
- You may have to work hard to overcome financial struggles and may have to learn to manage other people’s resources wisely.
- This involves taxes, insurance, and managing other people’s resources.
- It can be the resources of Your partner or client’s money. I’ve personally seen this placement in the charts of bookkeepers and fund managers.
- Another manifestation is hard or difficult access to finances from others.
- It can mean banks or money from investors. Or even Your spouse doesn’t bring that much to the table financially.
Even more manifestations of the placement
- You may be drawn to transformative experiences, such as therapy or spiritual practices, that can help you to come to terms with your fears and insecurities.
- It’s often an either-or. The person is at first afraid of these topics but part of the journey in life is to truthfully master these areas.
- People who channel messages from the dead or other realities.
- People with this placement may struggle with they may be afraid of losing what they have worked hard to build.
- This can lead to a tendency to hold on too tightly to things or to avoid intimacy and vulnerability altogether.
- A natural inclination towards helping professions.
- Such as therapy or social work. It brings the duties and responsibilities (Saturn) with crisis (8th house).
- Again, at first, the person might even reject it – and later on in life when mastery has been achieved fulfil their karma.
Ideas on how to manage and work with Saturn in the 8th house in the natal chart
Saturn anywhere is a difficult position but how can one manage and “make the best of” it in the 8th house?
- Manage and organize crisis head-on.
- This is not a place to put Your head under the sand if hard things happen in Your life. You must take a practical approach – get Your hands dirty.
- Get practical about managing joint resources.
- This can mean in Your personal relationship or business.
- Reach out for help – ask and hire experienced (Saturn) financial advisors or bookkeepers.
- Investigate death and other psychic phenomena.
- In time this will allow You to become more comfortable (a master hopefully) and the fear will subside.
- Understand that it takes a lot of time.
- Saturn moves slowly.
- Realize that You might have to repeat the lessons of Saturn.
- True mastery comes through practice.
Saturn Conjunct the 8th House Cusp
Think of house cusps as entry points to the specific house.
This means – everything is amplified. It is a vocal point of the house.
Everything I wrote about Saturn in the 8th house applies double if You have it conjunct with the 8th house cusp.
Saturn Transit the 8th House
When Saturn transits the 8th house, it can bring significant challenges and changes related to death, sex, and psychological issues.
As well as other people’s resources, such as inheritance, taxes, and shared finances.
It can also be a time of extended crisis – one that You have to actively manage.
Here are some practical tips to help you navigate this transit
Everything written in the natal section applies to transit as well!
- Take responsibility for your own emotional and psychological well-being.
- This may mean seeking therapy or counselling or exploring spiritual practices that can help you to come to terms with your fears and insecurities.
- A really good idea is to set up a monthly therapist session with a trusted practitioner. They will help You get through the deep and suppressed pains inside.
- Be honest with yourself about joint finances and other people’s resources (client’s money).
- This may mean creating a budget or seeking professional help to manage your finances effectively.
- Make sure You are making the best of what You already have.
- Set boundaries and make sure you are taking care of yourself.
- This may mean saying “no” to people or situations that are not in your best interest or setting limits on how much time and energy you are willing to spend on others.
- Be open to change and transformation.
- This transit can bring significant challenges, but it can also bring opportunities for growth and development.
- At first, You might suppress the need. Be on the lookout for any “sweeping problems under the rug” type behaviour.
- Learn to be patient and persistent.
- Saturn transits can take a long time, and progress may be slow, but with hard work and determination, you can overcome the challenges you are facing and come out stronger on the other side.
The Freedom Astrologer
Work with me: https://linktr.ee/astroian888